Tuesday 5 May 2015

Individual Milestone

Oculus Project Milestone
For my contribution to the oculus project i nominated myself as a the group leader. I tasked myself to attend every lecture & studio to gather information through asking questions to peers, asking questions to Russell & Nicole ensuring that our group is up to date for each studio. Every week i will create a detailed post on our facebook group on what was required to be completed with relevant information to keep all members on the same page as everyone else. My approach to leading the project was simply first come first serve, anyone who would raise their hand to do a certain task will automatically get that task. I made sure that allocation of work was fair and even between members for presentations & the project itself.

My contributions for the oculus project i was to individually model the excavator cabin seen in the mid-semester break post. Overall it wasn't to difficult to model once i had familiarized myself with 3ds. There are many improvements that can be made to my model it is currently 80% complete, leaving 20% for texturing which i understand can be tricky considering light channels & unwrapping the texture.

For the presentation my contributions was to research and relate back to our oculus project on how to approach intellectual property. I found it difficult when researching for solid information in regards to 3d modeling. While i was researching i came across a forum discussion on cgarchitects, they were discussing ownership of 3d models. There was mixed opinions with no solid information to go from, i took it upon my self to ask for help on the matter by calling IPAustralia. They were also unsure what we could protect and recommended that talk to a IP consultant. I also seeked help from a senior lecturer from COFA Selena Griffith on the matter, she concluded that our project was difficult in regards to intellectual property. For full notes that me & shanny compiled can be seen below.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_JEp4v3sDthQ5IZkzKsFmI5UQMTjR4TClZt7MS6p3uQ/edit

No comments:

Post a Comment